Love what you bake. Turn up the tunes and dance in the kitchen. Laugh and share your bench with friends and family. Create a terrible mess of batter and don’t take it too seriously. Food is a precious gift. It’s life on a plate, and it’s far too delicious not to share.
Makes 16 large crackles | Dairy free | Gluten free | Nut free | Vegan
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with silicone muffin cases.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend the coconut sugar and arrowroot starch on a low speed and gradually increase to high speed over 1 minute or until the mixture has a powdered sugar texture. Let the mixture settle for 1 minute before removing the lid. Set aside.
- Add 5cm water to a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Set a medium glass or ceramic mixing bowl on top, making sure the mixing bowl isn’t touching the water. Add the cacao buttons to the mixing bowl and melt for about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut sugar mixture, cacao powder, rice cereal and desiccated coconut well. Pour over the melted cacao mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the crackle mix evenly into the prepared muffin tin. Set in the fridge for 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.